Monday, April 29, 2013

Prepped for liftoff.

When I say prepped for liftoff what I really mean, in this case, is that I'm sitting in my second airport of the day (where I've been for 4 hours) waiting for my second flight. I'm also waiting for my ipad to charge so that the gentleman who's using the charger under the one I've got can move his charger up to an outlet that doesn't completely suck (we've balanced the charger on the phone, a crate, and a calculator so that the connection remains intact). So. I'm off!

The last few days have been a mess of trying to get things ready to go, packing, repacking, and moving things around (side-note: never give me wine and sleep-deprivation when I'm stressed. I turn into a mess). But. I'm here. Or rather, I'm en route to Paris. I've been in this airport for about 4 hours, and I have to say that I greatly admire Ren, who had the longest layover I've ever heard of on her trip. I'm bored. Also tired, but mostly bored. And full of water and salad. Yupp, water and salad are apparently what my body craves when I travel. Either that or that's what I decided to order and I'm not hungry because of nerves? Either way, a few hours and I'm of a looong flight over to London, then I switch gates and arrive in Paris. Paris.

Paris! Do you want to know how much French I speak? Well, I'm not certain I could actually get all the way through French 9-11. It's that little. But alas, off I go, and it will be brilliant! As per sisal I'm the weirdo on the floor of a building here in Calgary; I'm sitting on the ground with the window to one side, a row of chairs to the other, and a wall to my back. Wy am I on the floor? Why, chargers of course! But I think I'm off to write in the gorgeous journal sister gave me, watch something on Netflix, and wish away another few hours. When I double checked something with the lady and gentleman at the check-in for British Airways she said the other flight is running a bit late, so instead of a 21:35 departure we're looking at a 22:00, but that isn't too bad. Still gets me to London in time to catch my connection, and I've got my instructions on how to get to my hostel. So.

À revoir, it would seem that London is indeed calling. ❤🇬🇧🇫🇷

No comments:

Post a Comment