Saturday, June 29, 2013

Getting further and further behind.

Wow, oops, got a little behind again. So, I think I've got to tell you about Paris, yeah? Did I already talk about San Sebastián? Oh good, I did. Wow, this all seems like forever ago; time really does fly when you're having fun! So, Paris...


Anyone that knows my itinerary, or me, knows that Disneyland was a must for me on this trip - I'm only going to potentially be in Europe once, so I'd better hit up as much as I can, and because my Bucket List includes visiting as many Disney parks as possible, I had to hit up EuroDisney! First off, let me say, it felt like Disney and home when I walked in. Even though I was in a different county, and everything was different, there was that wonderful feeling of familiarity I get when most things Disney are involved. So, I got off the train and entered security around 10:15 (park opening was at 10). By 10:30 I was walking onto Main Street and catching my first glimpses of the castle! I teared up a bit, I'm not going to lie. It maybe been the fact that I only got about 5 hours of sleep the night before, and less before that, but there was actually a bit of choking up. I spent my first day wandering and going on rides, watching excited children, acting like a child, and just generally enjoying myself. I got over to their second park late in the day and did a few things while the parade was happening at the main park, then when it closed I was back in the main park for a few more rides and then the claiming of the spot for the fireworks show. This year's show, for the twentieth anniversary of the park, centers around Peter's shadow and an adventure it goes on. The entire show was fantastic, and I'm so glad I stayed to watch it (it started at 11; it didn't start getting dark until well after 9). Of course, the end of the spectacular show meant the end of the day, and it was back onto a very crowded metro I went. The walk to the hostel was uneventful, much unlike the morning walk to the hostel which had involved a creepy guy shouting at me in French about going with him...


Day two in Disneyland was a very laid back day. I actually started my day in park 2, doing al the things I'd missed the day before. Then, of course, I had to browse the shops and see Mickey Mouse! I met a family from Aruba in the line to meet Mickey and would you believe it, the dad spent about a year living in Canada and working with the banks out east (primarily in Nova Scotia). Huh. After Mickey, I grabbed a very late lunch (which was perfect; I avoided a cue) and wandered and rode rides before claiming a seat to see the one thing I'd missed the day before that I'd wanted to see: the parade! Call me a child all you want, but Disney parades always make me smile. I happened to be surrounded by children, so for one of my good acts for the day I put some of them in front of me where they could see, and their parents could still see them. The lady with the baby next to me was thrilled when the fairy godmother tools special interest in her baby, and I got to finally see Tinkerbell and Peter Pan. 


That's the one thing I noticed about EuroDisney: even though there are characters out and about, there aren't as many out as in California. At all. And I didn't get to meet my favourite two, so now I really do have to go to Cali. What mor can I say? I had a fantastic time, left this update for far too long, and now I'm trying to remember everything without taking out my diary. Stupid. Ach, well. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment