Sunday, May 26, 2013

On the road again

Hello from transit, home! Today is moving day (again), and I'm on the train to Florence (Firenze, if you want to be fancy and Italian). I have to say, as amazing and historic as Rome was, I'm sort of glad to leave the crazy hustle and bustle behind me a little. I'm not sure Florence will be any quieter, but I feel like it will be a little less overwhelming all the time. I hope. So now I'm sitting on my first train of the trip and I have to say, for a super economy ticket I'm rather impressed. Lots of space, nice little table, and I'm rather comfortable. Huh. 


When I boarded and plugged into my iPad though, the first song to come on was our Day Song from Contiki, Can't Hold Us, and I'm sort of missing the Coach rides now. Actually, it's the familiarity and the ability to nap I'm missing, I think, if I'm perfectly honest. Not nap safely though, because of a certain shutter-bug TM... 


I've got 3 nits in Florence before moving on to Nice, and my plans are basic: book a hostel in Nice and a ticket to Barcelona after that, relax, wander around, and maybe pick up another little bag. If I find anything. Or a purse. Actually, if I managed to get either at a reasonable rate I'd be a happy camper! The thing I'm most looking forward to, also, is the fact that the weather is supposed to be decent while I'm in Florence. I may actually get to bust out my shorts, which haven't been worn since I was in Dubrovnik! 


I think that's all I've got to say today, since I'm in transit and all, but, my dears, if you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please let me know! I would love to hear from anyone at home - without my Contiki Family around I find myself occasionally fighting off loneliness. 


Love and hugs (gosh, I miss hugs!),


Leah xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment